2018 went by in a blur. But let’s not sleep yet. There are still a few days left!
I’ve returned to Washington State for the holidays, so I’m puttering around looking for things to do.
So now in its sixth year, my annual December To Do List drops like a hammer on the big toe. Very painful and thoroughly unwelcome.
Watch your toes and proceed at your own risk.
I dominated my most recent December To Do List! Snooze.
Results, outcomes and the correlative aftermath of same are about to be apportioned, so cut out the tedious part (aka reading it) by aborting your web session now and hitting the sack. You’ll need the rest. We may soon have a Wall to tear down after all.
Also, it’s 2018. WTH is going on?!
Goal for December 2017: Do all 11 items on my tremendous, very stable To Do List.
Wow, another year in the books. 2017 is almost toast, but we still have a fair bit of work to do.
For the fifth year in a row, I present my December To Do List. And like all the many years before it, it’s an amazing, transcendent ride that will have you weeping for joy, and high-fiving people you don’t even know!
Okay, as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker likes to say, “None of those words are true.”
But that shouldn’t stop you from closing this post now and heading out to high-five someone! Or just give them a hug. They may need it.
These lists have a certain sameness to them, because December also represents the season I return to Washington State for the holidays. And there are certain things I like to do when I head back to my home state. I’ll spend about half of December in DC and the other half in WA. (Editor’s note: At press time, I’m already there!)
December 2017 To Do List
- Write a concert review – I’ve been doing it all year, might as well do one in December too.
- Attend two Seattle Seahawks games – The games are do or die, luckily for us fans, just the way Russel Wilson likes it.
- Sleep in a cabin – Have a few spirits, watch bad movies, tussle in the snow. Escape.
- Witness Star Wars: The Last Jedi – (Hint: I did this already! Making this list easier for myself!)
- Check out four new (to me) breweries – I did three last year so let’s make it harder this December! Sigh.
- Eat a Dick’s Drive-In Deluxe burger – I said I’m putting this on my list every year, did you not believe me?
- Do some outdoorsy things – Hike? Ski? Just get outside.
- Write – This blog has seen little activity in recent months, so I’ve hired a few gifted spam bots to craft incredible click bait content and relentlessly post until you cry mercy!
- See family – That’s why I come home for the holidays, so might as well do it!
- Go somewhere I haven’t been to in a while – Vague and unspecific. Just the way I like it, makes it easier to win this list.
- Wild Card – Something that might have made this list, if I was smart enough to think of it ahead of time.
It is the holiday season once again. Ho ho hum.
And almost time for my annual sojourn to Washington state!
Let’s start a new tradition. Every December, a new To Do List. Okay, I say that now, but check back with me in 3 years.
Goal for December: Do all 13 items (for luck) on my specially curated To Do List.
December 2015 To Do List
- Go skiing – Last year I hurt my back, so did not get to ski. This year that situation is rectified.
- Attend three Seattle Seahawks games – Boom! One in Baltimore and two in Seattle.
- Visit Portland, OR – I hear they could really use a force like me.
- Experience Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Maybe even up to five times if it’s good…
- Visit two new breweries – There are so many new ones, so let’s get it on!
- Eat a Dick’s Drive-In (Seattle) Deluxe burger – This will go on every future To Do List forever and ever.
- Enter a cabin – Preferably one that we rent, but I’m not adverse to a little B&E if that’s what it takes.
- Try 12 new beers – Burp.
- Hike a hike – I need to get outside!
- Eat at one of Seattle’s best restaurants – According to this list here or even this one.
- See Book of Mormon – Want to. Will try.
- Attend and write-up two concerts – Minimum.
- Wild Card – Something fun or dumb, that I can’t think of right now.
There are certain things you know you should be eating if you grew up in Washington state.
As often as you can.
Print this and carry it with you at all times.
Do not delay.
Ivar’s Fish and Chips
Where: Ivar’s of course! Multiple locations, but we* like Ivar’s Salmon House on Lake Union.
Mocha (16 oz, hot or iced)
Where: Roadside coffee stands (Located everywhere, including the Bikini barista ones if that’s your thing…)
Taco Time Soft Taco (Crisp burrito is also acceptable)
Where: Taco Time (Many PNW locations)
Jo-Jo’s (From the hot case)
Where: Any convenience store/gas station that has them
Garlic French Fries
Where: Safeco Field or CenturyLink Field
Where: Teriyaki restaurants (Located everywhere. Yelp lists 1,627 near Seattle and 893 near Tacoma alone…)
Apples (Get Honeycrisp. Cramming your face in pie form is also acceptable)
Where: Everywhere, but we like Prey’s Fruit Barn near Leavenworth.
What would you add? Thai food? Geoducks? Ewww.
*We equals me.
More random photos! Less specific photos!
Okay, but let’s go with sunsets instead.
That’s done, let’s do some bonus random photos.