I enjoy Quentin Tarantino’s movies, most of them are very good, if not excellent.
Since his first movie in 1992, Reservoir Dogs, and his huge follow-up in Pulp Fiction, he’s only directed seven more movies.
So it makes it easy to rank them.
I also recently re-watched them all (within the last couple years) and finally got around to witnessing the turd that is Death Proof.
Let the sparks fly!
9) Death Proof – Nope.
8) Jackie Brown
7) Kill Bill Vol. 1 – Enjoyable, but I’m not a fan of over the top battle scenes. (Never got into martial arts B movies.)
6) The Hateful Eight – This gets a bit long in the tooth, but the scenes are great to re-watch a second time when you already know the twist.
5) Kill Bill Vol. 2 – A slow burn, the final requiem is a treat.
4) Django Unchained – Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio are all just great.
3) Reservoir Dogs – Still enjoy putting on the soundtrack, and will never get the scene with Stealers Wheel’s “Stuck In the Middle With You” out of my ear (oops, sorry).
2) Pulp Fiction – Bring out the gimp! Ah, memories of college.
1) Inglorious Basterds – Did I like this more than Pulp Fiction? Yes, yes I did. One of my favorite scenes is Brad Pitt trying to pass as ‘Eye’talian at the final chapter’s Nazi movie premiere and Christoph Waltz gleefully exposing him.