(Update: I got 7 of 11 correct!)
I relentlessly present with you my 8th annual Oscar predictions!
As always, I suck at this so if you copy me in any way, shape or form, you will do no better than the average monkey. Average monkeys are smart on occasion, especially in how they acquire and fling feces, so don’t fret too much.
For evidence of my suckage, see my results over the last 3 years:
I only predict 11 categories (of the 24 total), or what I consider the major categories.
So coming on February 26th, we have the 89th Annual Academy Awards!
You’ll be pleased to learn, I’ve seen all 88 of the previous Best Picture winners…so might as well make my way through this year’s nominees.
So far, I’ve seen 5 of 9.
- Hacksaw Ridge
- Hell or High Water
- Hidden Figures
La La Land (My pick)
- Manchester by the Sea
- Moonlight (Winner)
- Isabelle Huppert, Elle
- Ruth Negga, Loving
- Natalie Portman, Jackie
- Emma Stone, La La Land (My pick) (Winner)
- Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins
- Denis Villeneuve, Arrival
- Mel Gibson, Hacksaw Ridge
- La La Land, Damien Chazelle (My pick) (Winner)
- Kenneth Lonergan, Manchester by the Sea
- Barry Jenkins, Moonlight
Adapted Screenplay – Let’s spread the love around, eh Academy?
- La La Land (My pick) (Winner)