To end the year, my random goal is to scope out a cornucopia of new restaurants that have thrown open their doors to D.C. eaters.
I also have a never-ending goal to visit all the fooderies on Capitol Hill. With fresh ones always popping, I’m behind. Even more are slated to tempt the D.C. denizens in the next month or so.
The restaurant doesn’t have to be new new, it only has to be somewhere I haven’t eaten at yet. New to me, see?
November/December Goal: Eat at 10 new (to me) restaurants in Washington, D.C.
Now let’s look at how I fared for my September/October goal…
September/October Goal: Watch, play in or attend enough sporting events and run enough miles so they total 75
- Running = 56.11 miles
- Sporting Events = 19
I don’t want to say this was easy, running never is for me, but I had a chance to shatter this goal. But.
My back went out mid-October, so it kept me from running the last three weeks. It also prevented me from playing a few more flag football games and volleyball matches.
I didn’t attend as many watch parties as I had hoped, for various reasons including vacation.
Oh well. I did it!
Here’s the list of sporting events:
- Flag football games played = 1
- Volleyball matches played = 8
- Ran the Army 10-miler
- University of Washington Football Watch Parties attended = 3 (at Lou’s City Bar)
- Seattle Seahawks Watch Parties attended = 2 (at Acre 121)
- Seattle Mariners road games attended (in Houston) = 2
- Texas Rangers games attended (in Arlington) = 1
- Monday Night Football games attended: Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Football Club = 1
No peace for the wicked