Since early 2010, I’ve listlessly listed the five (ish) new TV shows that look the most interesting for that season. That worked out to 20 different new shows.
I looked back at those lists and discovered the following morsels of unimportance:
- 10 of those 20 shows were cancelled during or after the first season. Although one was a 10-part mini-series, The Pacific.
- 8 of those 20 shows are still on the air. Most notable: Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire and Community.
- 12 of those 20 shows I actually watched some or all of.
- 3 of these 12 shows I would highly recommend, Modern Family, Community and Caprica.
- 2 of these 12 shows are epic turds. V and Revolution.
Here are the 2013 promising TV shows that I have a 50/50 chance of watching!
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Marvel’s insurgence into the small screen after taking over the big screen the past few summers. Co-created by Joss and Jed Whedon, this I’ll definitely watch.
Brooklyn Nine Nine – Andy Samburg (from Saturday Night Live fame) plays a cop! And it’s a comedy!
Almost Human – Karl Urban (Bones on the new Star Trek) is a not a doctor but a cop with an android for a partner. In the future.
The Crazy Ones – Robin Williams. Sarah Michelle Gellar. It’s not Mork & Mindy but why not.
The Tomorrow People – Another superhero in high school show..maybe it will channel Heroes…
Set your DVR to stun!